Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Jetstream: online weather education

The National Weather Service has a great, in-depth site on weather education called JetStream. I found the site to be very useful with my 9th grade Integrated Science students in our unit on meteorology, although I had to be very selective about which aspects of the site that I used because it has such a great combination of breadth and depth of knowledge. I used the section that instructs users on how to use the NWS on-line products (such as their weather forecast pages), as well as the sections on The Atmosphere and Synoptic Meteorology. In an upcoming integrated unit in Ecology I'll likely use the section on Global Weather, and next year in Integrated Science I'm hoping to use the Remote Sensing section as a tie-in to a project that we do with NASA's local Challenger Learning Center
.

No comments: